Whether it be to offer as a gift, to place under the Christmas tree or simply to keep your feet warm,
slippers are a holiday must-have. Here’s how you can design a one-of-a-kind pair using an old sweater
that’s taking up some of your precious drawer space.
What you’ll need:
- A piece of old denim fabric
- A piece of fabric from a sweater you no longer wear
- An elastic
- Sewing material (needles, thread)
- Embroidery thread (optional)
- Start by creating the pattern using one of your shoes, then cut it up into 3 parts: top, bottom and
sides of slippers. Also think about the lining.
- If you would like to and know how to do so, embroider the design of your choice on the upper part of
- Create a cuff on the upper part of the sides and make a seam.
- Pin the sides to the piece of fabric that will serve as the top and make a seam.
- Pin the top and bottom and make a seam. Do the same with the lining.
- Lastly, insert the lining of your slipper and sew the elastic to the back for adjustments. You can
also add an insole for extra comfort.